Tuesday, March 10, 2015

How I started a new Life!!!

Although it may sound boastful but I take ample pride to introduce myself as dynamic and bold person. Words without action are nothing better than a painted ship which never touched the water. But I have acted in my best possible manner, and hence I am narrating my story in this post. This story revolves around the time when I took a bold step and brought about a big change in my own life. I took control of my own life and made my choices instead of making irreversible compromises. I denied to get subdued by conventional mentality of my new found family and other social stigmas. If the story of my life succeeds to inspire other women who are hesitant to take bold steps and make big changes in their lives, I will consider it a real winning for me.

Right now I run my own business and I have a respectable position in society. When I got married, eleven years back, I used to have fascination for local wooden handicrafts. Although I was not an artist myself, I used to get sad by the deprived condition of talented local handicraft artisans. I was also volunteering in a micro financing agency which promoted wooden craftsmen. Meanwhile I planned of opening a wooden handicraft emporium where artists could sell their handmade products at a price of their choice. This was going on after I had completed my masters in economics. Then one fine day, suddenly I got married and it was obviously an arranged marriage. But, after my marriage when I expressed my long due interest before my in-laws, they completely disapproved the idea and said “Daughter in law is supposed to take care of home, her husband and raise kids with high morals”! Honestly I didn't give up but at that moment I ensured not to plunge into argument with my mother and father in-law. I looked for support from my beloved husband but he too seemed to be of the same mentality as his parents! Still I did not give up and waited patiently for the right moment to take a bold leap.

After my son was born, I confronted my in-laws with due respect and equally in-suppressible determination, “Look, now I have given you your grandchild for your family. I have whole heartedly served you like my own mother and father. This time I am asking for a small authorization of setting up a handicraft emporium. Either you give it to me or don't. If you permit I shall be a happy member of this family and strengthen the family economy contributing like your son. If you do not permit, I shall leave and that too with my kid.” What a hard-hitting conversation it had been! Thus I got consent that day and since then there was no looking back for me. Thus a bold step brought a huge change in my life! 



#StartANewLife

No comments:

Post a Comment